Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ramblings - Amazed!

I'm amazed, completely amazed! I don't think any other word could capture what I'm feeling right now...allow me explain why.

I went to visit and pray for Jose Antonio today. To my surprise he was walking! Not completely on his own, but he would hold my finger and walk around the room with me. He would let go, get his balance, and then grab hold again for another lap!

For those of you who don't know Jose Antonio's story, let me explain why this is so incredible.
Two years ago, when we were first introduced to Jose Antonio, he couldn't get out of bed. He was weak, emaciated, and very sick. His house was full of darkness and despair.

Jose Antonio was suffering due to complications at birth that left him both mentally and physically handicapped. The doctors said there wasn't much hope. Basically, resign to the idea that he will be lame and mute for life.

I started visiting and praying for Jose Antonio on a regular basis. I saw a little improvement, so I started taking the mission teams and local pastors down to pray for him with me.

Slowly, his health improved. He began to sit up, crawl, and play. The light of Christ had started to invade the home, and with it came an indescribable hope and love.

While the doctors were surprised with his improving health, they still didn't expect for him to get any better. They knew they couldn't help him, so they told his mother that there wasn't really any reason to bring him back for a year. Basically, go home and don't expect much improvement...see ya next year.

What they didn't know was that God wasn't finished with Jose Antonio. He wanted to show us all that we worship a God that can still make the lame walk and mute talk! Want proof...Jose is getting better, and he is WALKING, and there is no other explanation!

I can't explain the incredible joy I felt today as I watched Jose Antonio walking for the first time. Everyone laughed and smiled. There was so much hope and joy in the room. As you can imagine, his mother is thrilled! If you ask her, she will say that the prayers are the reason her son is walking!

In closing I want to thank all of you who have been praying for Jose Antonio. I also want to encourage you to continue...it's working! If you're not praying for him...please start. I hope for a day that Jose Antonio will walk and talk. A day that he will walk the earth, and tell the world of his amazing God that healed him.

Matthew 15:31
The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. And they praised the God of Israel.


Simply Amazed,

Spencer

No comments: