Friday, March 26, 2010

Come As You Are

Crack kids, track kids, hookers and robbers
The naked and hungry, mothers and fathers
Abuses, excuses, and guns in your hands
And I even welcome the arrogant man
I welcome you all to the biggest of feasts
A night of no shame
To pause and to breathe
This is a night of love’s renovation
A feast I am sure that could change a whole nation


Herman

Odds are, these people will never beat the crack and alcohol. But their lives can still be changed. The meal is open to anyone, but it isn’t technically free. Price of admission is hearing from God’s word first. But I step back and wonder, which act is more beneficial. For some reason, I’m leaning towards the food.

Feeding Center

This post was written by Cody. You can see Cody's original post here and see his blog here.

No comments: