Friday, November 3, 2006

Ramblings - Feeding Center


I would like to thank everyone for the overwhelming response and feedback from my last email. It appeared to have accomplished the goal of motivating and encouraging, so here is next edition of ramblings.

Over the past three months I've been awed by what God is doing here in Alajuelita. I came expecting not to accomplish much in the area of ministry my first year, after all my plan was to spend the first year focusing on language training and adjusting to a new culture. Six hours of language training each day leaves little time to work or do ministry. However, what I've learned is that God is constantly working, and He accomplishes infinitely more than I ever could alone.

I've come to understand the blessing of God working in and though me in every day situations. The amazing thing I've found is that it works far better than expecting God to bless my ideas or "my work". The famous missionary James Hudson Taylor said "I used to ask God to help me. Then I asked if I might help Him. I ended up by asking Him to do His work through me." Isn't that a great idea and attitude!

So, I think the lesson I'm learning is to start everyday trusting God to direct and bless me in every situation. I've gotten away from planning every last detail of ministry projects, and I've stopped trying to predicted the results. I've found that when I have this mind set I'm no longer worried about making things happen in my own power, and I'm free to trust God with the results. I know that it's not me, but God working through me. I pray that you will find the same to be true in your life.

In closing, I would like to share some things God is doing through us here in Costa Rica. The Children's Feeding Center project - serving 275 meals a week, English lessons to the community, and the possibility of starting a Sunday Morning Worship service in Juan Pablo.


Please pray for each of these ministries, pray that God continues to bless the ministries and that I don't try to plan God out of the picture.



No comments: